logo

Posted:    Radiy

Beware

24PetWatch
24petwatch.com
Purchased this policy to avoid costly bills since I have another dog with health issues. I have submitted a couple of claims to 24PetWatch and they find every loop hole in the system in order to avoid paying your claims. They are a "scam" company. I have reported them to the BBB (which didn't help us), consumer affairs and now I will be contacted this Attorney General. They need to be shut down!

Beware... DO NOT BUY INTO THIS POLICY
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Feb, 2010 by   fraudexposer +1 Votes
I purchased three policies for foster dogs, since I already have four of my own and cannot afford additional unexpected vet bills. One month later I'm still awaiting reimbursement (supposedly an 8-10 day turnaround) and JUST NOW got my policy coverage for the Optimum QuickCare plan. Which the lying sales rep insisted covered spay and neuter and was effective from the date they sucked the funds from my bank account.
HOWEVER...now that I have the policies in hand I discover the coverage doesn't actually begin for 30 days AND the spay and neuter coverage doesn't take effect for SIX MONTHS. I'd already called to complain twice that I was billed not just the $26 monthly rate I was quoted for coverage per animal but an addition $19 PER ANIMAL just to start coverage! That I'm not even seeing the benefit of and have no proof of coverage or policy numbers! Once again I was told "they are covered" and when I noted the spay appointments were just weeks (not months, mind you) away I was told the policy packet would arrive in "3-4 weeks" and they cannot send this information via email, "but coverage information is available online". Yes, it is, in a very generic form, and nowhere does it state the 30 day waiting period OR six month waiting period before coverage of spay/neuter. Not much help when the dog you specified many times very clearly was to be spayed within weeks before agreeing to purchase, agreeing solely because I was told it WOULD be covered. When I complained I was charged more than quoted I was told they'd send out policy forms by mail "in a few days" to "speed things up" but once again no mention of the extended time frames before coverage I was very specific about what I wanted and why would apply. I was also told I could cancel as late as March 1 to avoid additional charges. Except the fine print says they require 15 days written notice and charge full months, no prorating.

WHAT A RIPOFF. Instead of saving me money and helping keep animals safe and healthy, it's actually cost me MORE and now I'm wondering how I'll be able to afford the medical fees after wasting so much money on these fraud policies. Lying Canadians. Keep your hard-earned dollars at home and just pay your vet direct. Don't trust any product offered by this company.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   coupons_2004 +1 Votes
I agree. This is a scam compony. They did the same with me. They use bogus excuses to avoid paying claims. They would not even reimburse the measly $500 it cost to euthanize my dog. They need to be shut down and forced to refund all premiums.
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   ConsumersHaveRights2 +1 Votes
Please go here and file a valid complaint. Enough consumers getting ripped off, the feds will step in, investigate all complaints, and possibly file a suit to shut them down or make good on their policies/contracts.

20th of Jan, 2011 by   sisgar72 +1 Votes
This is my first time trying to use the "services" of 24PetWatch. On the initial paper work (of which I have a copy) clearly shows 3 different numbers, my home, my cell, and my husbands cell. They are trying to tell me I listed all three numbers the same (only my home phone). After trying to explain in the most simple way possible I asked for a supervisor, of course I was sent directly to voice mail. I've been waiting for some 3 hours for the return call.
What they want me to do is pay an additional $14.99 to add mine and my husband's cell number. Add something they already have! Really? The original person I spoke with seemed to care less if my dog got lost. At one point in the conversation I relented and said I'd pay and her ugly attitude change immediately. Then, again, I changed my mind refusing to pay and her attitude once again changed. If there is another "dog watch" company out there, you can be sure I will change companys. I know no one loves an animal as much as it's owners, . but I would at least like to work with a company that shows some compassion in the animals that are "supposting" to help and protect.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   brice189 +1 Votes
I can say this company is a crock of bull... I bought my policy and paid a years worth of coverage to only find out six months later that they wouldn't cover my cat's diabetes. My cat showed symptoms of something was wrong on two days prior to the policy affective date which was noted on the vets paperwork. So since I was being a good pet parent and telling my vet the truth to ensure that my pet got the best care I got denied coverage. My mind you my cat never showed any signs of diabetes before me taking him to the vet on that day nor was he ever diagnose with it before. So I guess I am suppose to be some kinda Vet and know automatically that my cat has diabetes. GREAT JOB 24 PetWatch you just condemned my cat to a slow painful death! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone...
 15th of Feb, 2014 by   Lauren Nicole +1 Votes
I was going to sign up for their coverage, but now that I read these comments, I think I'll look elsewhere! I'm so sorry that happened to you & I appreciate you posting your experiences! =/
 18th of Feb, 2014 by   madcowgirl +1 Votes
This company needs to be shut down, it's a fancy way to package organized crime. I too am a victim of believing that an insurance policy on a pet would cover accidents and sicknesses but found out otherwise. I notified the shelter who promotes this company and was told they are given money by 24PetWatch, which is desperately needed, so they give people the 'free' insurance which leads many to enroll in a policy, hence, making it a lucrative venture for this scam machine. I'm sure the shelter worker would not want the ugly truth to be brought to light in fear of losing the monies given to them by 24PetWatch but morally it's wrong. Oh, just to let you know this company 's HQ is in Ontario, Canada. Their under writer is based in New York City and they have a post office box in Buffalo, NY which gives them a base to do business in the U.S. Please consider all the reviews before making the decision to buy a policy with this company. Notice how many 'good' reviews there aren't too.
 5th of Mar, 2014 by   Buddy"s Mom 0 Votes
I adopted my dog, Buddy, from New Beginnings Shih tzu Rescue on October 13, 2013. I took out a 24PetWatch insurance policy on October 15, 2013, per phone call to the company. I gave them my credit card # for the first premium on that day, as required. Several days later (October 17, 2013), I took Buddy to the vet for a new dog check up and mentioned that Buddy seemed to be drinking a lot of water. There was no record of any medical diagnosis that came with Buddy on adoption. In fact, he had been at Rock County Humane Society for over 2 months before New Beginnings took him. He was in a foster home for almost 4 weeks with New Beginnings before I adopted him. The vet ran a urinalysis, found a small amount of blood in his urine, and treated him with antibiotics for a Urinary Tract Infection, which may have caused excess thirst and water intake. Unfortunately, for Buddy and I, we were back to the vet on November 15, 2013 for the excessive water drinking and then began the journey of blood work, urine testing, medical appointments, trial meds, and on, and on. Late December, the verdict was in. Buddy"s diagnosis was Diabetes Insipidus - a life-long condition!!! I submitted all the claims on December 30th, as once I received the actual written policy more than a month later (or should I say, an abbreviated policy with many references made to a web-site, on-line policy), I became aware of many inclusions in the policy that I was not aware of. For instance, 24PetWatch reserved the right to cancel the policy for any reason within the first 60 days. Imagine that!! Well, here we are-March 5, 2014. They have not yet sent me an Explanation of Benefits for even 1 of the 6 claims I submitted. I have received no money. When I call, I am on hold no less than 45 minutes each time. They used every excuse possible to delay and avoid giving me an answer on the outcome. They lied about when they received the claims, giving a date in mid-February, and then saying they were still being processed. When I called back last week and pressed for answers, they finally admitted that they had determined all of the claims for Buddy were due to a pre-existing condition, and therefore, not covered on his policy. I now have approximately $1500.00 of vet bills to pay, while they were drawing out premiums for bogus insurance for 5 months. They still have not put anything in writing! I imagine they are careful to avoid being sued. My credit card company is going to stop paying the premiums, while I cancel the insurance tomorrow. WHO IS MONITORING THESE UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANIES? HELP!!!

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults