24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Center
14885 West Clayton Road
Chesterfield, United States
Phone: (636) 386-3324
My wife and I have been members/clients of 24 Hour Fitness since 1997 where we joined the club in Pleasanton, CA. We moved to Missouri and have been trying for 4 months to cancel my wife's membership (she gets her workout chasing 4 kids). She has called several times and was told 24 Hour Fitness policy prohibits them from canceling memberships over the phone? What if we lived in a State without a local 24 Hour Fitness Center? She was told memberships could only be canceled "in person". Since I workout at the Chesterfield MO center, I spoke to the person behind the desk the very next day and asked them to cancel my wife's membership - done. Or so we thought, the very next month we get a debit for both membership dues. I spoke to the person (different person this time) behind the desk and was told they bill 1 month in arrears, so billing should stop the following month. Didn't happen. So, once again I brought this matter to the attention of the person behind the desk (3rd different person), and was told my wife's account shows it is "closed/terminated". Guess what, this month we got billed again for both membership dues, and this time the person behind the desk (4th different person) told me I would need to “come back in person during normal business hours to speak with a sales person". Quiet obvious this is an intentional business model implemented by 24 hour fitness to generate unwarranted revenue. Since 24 Hour Fitness Centers do not belong to the BBB, it is difficult without Legal assistance to get them to act ethically and with integrity.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I stopped going to 24 hour fitness about a year ago. I usually frequented the one at Lowery in Denver. The customer service at the front desk had been rude on several occasions and I came to find out that 100% of 24hr fitness' political contributions are to the republican party. I tried repeatedly to discontinue my service by telephone, but was each time put on hold for EXCESS OF 20 MINUTES. After paying for the better part of a years membership fees, and in that time failing to get through a phone call for membership cancellation, I endured the 25 minutes of "your call is important to us" recording and eventually did get a customer "service" representative. I cancelled my membership, but was told I was going to be billed for the current month as the due date had just passed. I protested, citing my difficulties in getting through, and the rep said that I could have gone to the fitness center (where customer service had become so bad) or called, and that they were not aware of any problems getting through the phone lines. I asked to talk to a supervisor, and basically was told that I had not tried hard enough to cancel my membership.
I vow to never again be a 24hourfitness member. Their service is atrocious, they have minimized their staff numbers to a point that they don't care about the customer because they are so overworked, and apparently that is the case with their call centers too. I've since joined a public rec center and am very happy with it. 24 used to have good service and nice facilities. I encourage everyone I know to join the public rec center rather than fund this corperate monster that has forgotten who keeps it's lights on. 24 hour fitness sucks 24/7.

Contact Us