Posted:

deceptive practices

1&1 Internet
1and1.com
1&1 has a terrible negative billing / deceptive practices structure that makes it impossible to transfer out your domain. They obscure information on how to transfer away, they make the cacel.1and1.com site deceptive and confusing to intentionally obscure the process, and then lay out traps to cancel your policy in a way that they can then charge you $40 to reinstate the domain.

In my case, I paid for a domain (with 2 months remaining) and attempted to transfer away, but the domain remained 'locked'. I also requested to cancel the account. The domain transfer failed and they would not undo the cancellation (even though it says you can for up to 3 days). Now, they want to charge $40 to reinstate a domain I already paid for, and then charge me again for the domain registration.

Forget about customer service — they’re useless. Stay away at all costs — once you’re in their grip they’ll never let you go without fees and underhanded techniques to trap you.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

1&1 - cheating
1&1

In 2011 I informed them to cancel my domain name and stop charging me. But this year they charge me again. After calling them and showing the email of 2011, they admitted they got the information but did not cancel it. But they insist I have to pay although it's their fault. Otherwise they will send the bill to debit collector. What a fucking joke.

1&1 - 1 & 1 web builders scam their customers
1&1

I chose and paid for a site through http://www.1and1.com. The site did not work for me. They called and asked if I wanted to renew. I said NO. SO, they turned me over to collection for the renewal charges. When I called they said it was my fault because I didn’t cancel my unwanted renewal. I spoke to others and this is there standard practice.

1&1 - incompetent tech help/awful product
Slow Girl Foods

I cannot begin to say enough bad about this 1&1, from their poor product to their awful online instructions to their unbelievably incompetent tech help. Seriously, all I needed was to set up a simple domain, forward it and set up one email account and it took 5-7 calls, and close to 2 MONTHS! The tech people, who literally speak as though they're in 4th grade, gave me exact wrong information, which I questioned at the time, but they assured me it was correct. In both instances, they were in fact wrong. And I am talking basic computer maneuvers. I cannot wait to dump them, and go back to Go Daddy.

1&1 - service

I feel like an idiot. I was sucked in by the cheap monthly fees and its was a HUGE mistake. 1&1 is either a scam or they are the worst service provider I have ever seen. I cancelled my renewall a week before it was due by email and even followed up by phone to confirm. Weeks later I started getting emails and finally someone agreed that it should have been cancelled. Now months later after not hearing from them I am getting collection calls and letters. I am emailing 1&1 and and I get boilerplate answers saying I didn't reply so the froze my account so I would contact them and then sent me to collections. First of all no one EVER tried to contact me and secondly, what account!!! I freakin cancelled it! Thats the whole point. This is what you get with 1&1 and it is mind knumbing. I dont care how little money you have to spend...1&1 is not a company to deal with. Run as fast as you can! I could go on and on but I've wasted enough of my time on these idiots.

1&1 Logo 1&1