logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (10 mins ago)
ComputerShare
transfers
5. (39 mins ago)
British Airways
they over booked the flight which meant my flight was changed to the next day

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

1-800-Hanson's, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Poor performance and worse customer service!

1-800-Hanson's Contacts & Informations

1-800-Hanson's

Posted:    Hate Hanson's

Poor performance and worse customer service!

1-800-Hanson's
Michigan
This is a warning to anyone who is considering a roofing job with 1-800-Hanson's. I'd like to give you a brief review of my experience with this company. I hired them to replace my aging roof, and the salesman was knowledgeable. However, when it came to meeting the specifications of the job that I paid for, the company was sadly lacking. You should know that they hire other contractors to do the work, Hanson's just sells you the products and sets up the installation. I contacted their company numerous times and even e-mailed them photos of the job's deficiencies, along with a scanned image of the salesman's contract drawings proving that they failed to meet the specifications of the job that was paid for. Hanson's harassed me verbally on several occasions and never offered the apology from their corporate office (notably from one of their VP's, Steve Sigismond) that I obviously still deserve. They called me a liar (I NEVER lied to them even once!), a "pain in the a%&, " yelled at me over the phone and even posted a lien letter threat on the front door of my home. My lawyer was very helpful to me in this situation, but it was very unfortunate that I had to go through all of the mental anguish in this case, especially since all I did was ask them to complete the job that was sold to me. Ultimately, they did finish the job as well as they reasonably could, all because I had to threaten to take them to court for breach of contract. They did have several breaches, including failing to secure a building permit as required by local law, so I could have gone to court and gotten a full refund. However, in good faith, I paid them 100% of the cost quoted me. I still have mixed feelings about doing so, mostly because of the way that I was treated by the manager of their Lansing, MI branch and the VP from their corporate office. I tell everyone who is considering this company about my experience with them, and I will NEVER, I repeat NEVER do business with them again. They do offer a 50-year guarantee on my roof, and if anything ever goes wrong and they don't take care of it quickly and to my specification, I will hire a lawyer faster than you can say 'Sue the bas%&@$(!" Bottom line is, even if this company claims to be able to save you some money, it isn't worth it if you end up going through anything like I did. Steer clear of 1-800-Hanson's!

Comments United States Roofing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Sep, 2011 by   AJ KUJ 0 Votes
I have had close to the same issue with hansons . I had siding and soffit done in 2008 and got the top of the line from them ( Or so they say ) over 7, 000 dollars in cost . They did a horrible job the company that they hired has fallen off the face of the world and my complaints only fall on def ears I just wrote yet another letter to Brian stating I want a COMPLETE tear off or money back . I would not ever tell anyone to go here EVER. I thought they would be a reputable company but its been a nightmare, Customer service is completely rude they stood me up several times coming to my home to fix everything thing that has gone wrong with it . And then end up calling me 5 min before someone was to show up and say we didn't know they scheduled someone to fix it today unfortunately no one can come today . That is down right unprofessional and if this issue is not solved soon I am going to get a lawyer and go to court I am fed up and done with them. Enclosed are a few photos of the mess they performed
 27th of Sep, 2011 by   AJ KUJ 0 Votes
I have had close to the same issue with hansons . I had siding and soffit done in 2008 and got the top of the line from them ( Or so they say ) over 7, 000 dollars in cost . They did a horrible job the company that they hired has fell off the face of the world and my complaints only fall on ears that they can come and smooth over the disaster they made of my home . I just wrote yet another letter to Brian stating I want a COMPLETE tear off or money back . I would not ever tell anyone to go here EVER. I thought they would be a reputable company but its been a nightmare, Customer service is completely rude they stood me up several times coming to my home to fix everything thing that has gone wrong with it . And then end up calling me 5 min before someone was to show up and say oh we didn't know they scheduled someone to fix it today unfortunately no one can come today . That is down right unprofessional and if this issue is not solved soon I am going to get my lawyer and go to court I am fed up and done with them

2nd of Nov, 2011 by   Screen Name 0 Votes
I made an appointment for an estimate with Hansons yesterday in spite of the fact that the person doing the booking insisted that both my wife and I needed to be present. I told him that that wasn't going to happen and suggested that if we both needed to be here we had nothing further to discuss. He backed down and booked the appointment. I got a call this morning from the salesman confirming the appointment. He not only insisted that my wife be present for his "product presentation", but also advised me that if my insurance carrier was to be involved (due to wind damage) they couldn't give me an estimate because they don't do "third party estimates". I asked how giving me an estimate was considered a third party estimate. He said that if his estimate was to be reviewed by my insurance carrier it was "third party".

I cancelled the appointment. My guess is that they don't want a neutral and knowledgeable party looking at the paperwork.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   northernangelmius 0 Votes
I do not work for any contracting company. I work in the medical field. We had used Hanson's and now am starting to regret it. The roof they put on looks great, but they destroyed my gutters. Trying to get them to take responsibility for the damage is next to impossible. They set appointment time to come and look at the damage and never show, did they call and say they were hung up somewhere else, yes, and said they would be here with in the hour, original time between 8am-10am it is now 1pm they have yet to show. They say the damage was there prior, really I have pics I took of the house earlier in the year (we just bought it) and no damage. The damage wasn't there the day before the product (roofing material) was placed on my roof, but it was there after they completed the work, so either the crew that delivered the supplies or the crew that did the roofing itself did it, doesn't matter, they are responsible and need to fix it.
 14th of Jan, 2012 by   Target #1 0 Votes
I have to agree with the statements Hanson is a ripoff. I don't work for the any roofing company. I had Hanson re roof my home, the salesman told me a good line, I took it. They took 8 weeks to start on the roof. Then the salesman didn't figure the material correct. But the contract say's if it's a math error the price stays the same. But when they got done Hanson wanted more money. They did not put back any trim where it was before, my siding meets some area's of the roof lines and no longer has trim to keep out bees or anything that can fit into the siding. They did not use metal flashing were it was before, in fact, it was some type of tar. They said it's a 30 year roof but the shingle's were only a 20 year shingle's? It's is not the roof for the money or what the salesman told me it would be and he did bad mouth the competitors roof company. I refuse to paid the deference between the quote until I have it writing why they do not honor their quote. I have even sent an email to the owner ( Brian) who say's they treat everyone like family, it must suck to be in his family. He has yet to return a email and answer the simple question. I wanted him to send it in writing, I would pay the amount 150.00. I get a call everyday from Hanson's wanting the money, but no letter. My opinion and experiences with Hanson is a negative one, I will never used a business like this again.
 5th of Apr, 2012 by   SHIRLEY RENUCCI 0 Votes
IM INFORMING YOU TO NEVER DEAL WITH 800 HANSON. WE HAD MARK A SALE PERSON COME AND GIVE A QUOTE
FOR A ROOF AND MY HUSBAND HAD TO THROW HIM OUT OF HIS GAUAGE THAT GUY WOULDNT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. THIS IS NO WAY TO RUN A BUSSNESS . YOU JUST DONT HIGH PRESSUE SOMEONE TO SIGN A CONTRACT, WHEN YOU TELL HIM HE WILL THINK IT OVER.
DAVID
 23rd of May, 2012 by   yuset romo 0 Votes
BBB Accreditation

Hanson Roofing Company is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
 23rd of May, 2012 by   yuset romo 0 Votes
BBB Accreditation Hanson Roofing Company is not BBB Accredited.

25th of Aug, 2012 by   tonsofexperience 0 Votes
As a roofing contractor who has worked for Hansons for over 5 years I can tell you I believe almost every story here! Hansons hires sub contractors to do the work, which is a good thing...IF you hire good sub contractors. I have seen some crews in there that will hack the hell out of roofs and think nothing of it. Some crews just plain old suck and do not know how to shingle properly. Some crews just get fed up with making no money and try and speed through the job as fast as possible. They may charge you $12, 000 for a roof, but the installer is only getting lets say $5, 000 of that. Of that $5, 000 over $3, 000 goes to materials (Yes, you could get materials cheaper but Hansons is getting a kick back from Wimsatt and so you are forced to go there and get materials). Then lets not forget the $300 dumpster we have to pay for. So on your 40 sq roof that will take 2 days, the contractor makes about $1500 and still has to pay their employees, insurance and taxes. The sales people are told to NOT tell the homeowner they need wood, because they do not want to scare them with additional thousands of dollars added to the estimate. So, the contractor has to be the bearer of bad news and tell the homeowner (AFTER the roof is tore off!), that they will owe an additional $1000-$3000 in wood. Their practices up there are questionable at best. They cannot keep good crews because they pay their crews shitty. They also will pull stuff like this for example...you live in St Clair County and you will be sent to Ann Arbor to do a job, you are on your way home and you will see a crew who lives closer to Ann Arbor doing a job 10 minutes from your house! The thanks you get for working there is a Christmas Party (NO BONUS). After seeing what goes on at those parties...No thanks!
 7th of Sep, 2012 by   NoCheapVinyl 0 Votes
I used to be a project manager for another company and we would compete and win against hansons constantly. They are strictly in the business of applying short term replacement windows in your home. Call Hansons and tell them you want 2 windows replaced, they will tell you no because they only do whole houses. The reason is if they mix their windows with your old ones they will be exposed for the unskilled installers that they truly are. Their #1 goal is sell by any means necessary and in high volume. You might save money going with hansons today, but it will cost you in the coming years. I don't compete with them anymore, but I am telling you like it is. Shop around, and ask for a full frame installation. This is the only way to do window installation. Make sure you educate yourself greatly before signing with these clowns.
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   Priscila Mickel 0 Votes
I am so sick of 1800 Hansons. My husband and I tried to get people from their company to come out and do estimates for our windows. The first call they never even showed up, the second called they told us they needed to reschedule and then never did, the third and final straw was when I called again to confirm the appointment and they said they never even scheduled me and the person who wrote it down wrote it on a day they don't even work...Meaning the company...what a load of crap it was in the middle of the week. Ever since then I have been constantly harassed by this company through several phone calls every day by their company, and I mean 8 to 10 calls every day. Once I got fed up and actually changed my phone number and they still managed to call on that one as well. How they even got my new cell number was beyond belief. Then they were not only calling several times but they were showing up at my house every other day a different person every day. I now wish that I would have written this down so that way I could have sued them for harassment. Anyway I finally got so pissed off that I called and spoke with their head manager maybe even the owner I wasn't really sure because of how pissed I was. I explained to him what was going on and he was shocked to say the least he said. One of the people actually came to my house and said that my information is public and that he could come to my house any time he wanted to. Today I am just fuming, I think that they have given my information to the Kalamazoo branch and I have had 2 people from that company show up on my door in less than 20 minutes apart from each other. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask. The owner told me that they would be deleting everything in regards to our account so that no one would ever contact us again. So much for that promise. Last year we had so many and this year now they are sending them in from Kalamazoo MI? I mean REALLY!!!. What the hell makes you think that I will talk with you when I did not even want to do business with the company located right here in Jackson? GET OFF MY FREAKING PROPERTY AND LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!
 27th of Mar, 2013 by   joe garet 0 Votes
Hansons will do anything to get into the door to try and sink the hook in and force a sale. I had them estimate a 20k vinyle siding and gutter job and found they made lots of promises and guarentees, many of which they had no intentions of fulfilling. The salesman knew I had another contractor coming out the next day, ALWAYS get a second opinion. He gave me a 3 days to back out standard contract that the state requires. Then proceded to cash my 6k check the next day and tie up the monies for as long as possible with the offer to come down in price when i saw he had overpriced the job by 5.5k. His supervisor said he would come out and reprice the job but i hold them to the same ethics as i hold myself. I did not want to do buisness with LIERS, called then 2 days for cancelation, sent in the copy of cancellation but was told it was their new policy to cash the checks ASAP and was sorry for the inconvience. I am still waiting for my monies to be refunded.
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   Slick3638 0 Votes
Had a Hanson Rep. Show up for a roof job estimate...he came into my driveway in his car...YES...HIS CAR... No ladder...how the hell do you check a roof without a ladder?

He had a clip board and a tape measure...and used neither...I went with some one else...Thank God...
 20th of Jun, 2013 by   1juggalo 0 Votes
This is amazing. I'm coming on here to write a long complaint, and I don't have to. I can confidently say "please refer to everyone else's concerns." How in the world is there not a consumer alert out for this company? I almost got into a freaking fight in my living room! In front of my newborn son! And it was only because I didn't know how else to tell the guy to get out of my house. He was literally a bully.
 30th of Jun, 2013 by   AngieTA 0 Votes
Another vote for "Hanson sucks". high pressure sales, low quality work.
 20th of Aug, 2013 by   Hate Hanson's 0 Votes
Well, it's been a couple of years since I've visited this board, and I see that HanSCAM's employees are STILL calling me a liar! AAARRRGGHHH! I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THIS COMPANY! It has been years since they worked on my roof, and I still harbor a great deal of resentment toward them as they treated me HORRIBLY! Trust me - my complaint is 100% legitimate, and I even spoke with another person on this board about his complaint - same thing. I DO NOT work for a competitor, as I am a small-business owner in a completely different industry. All they had to do was treat me with respect and follow through with their promises. Instead, I got harrassed, call names and generally was made to feel horrible for months in dealing with them. I agree that Shawn (Lansing, MI manager) and Steve Sigismond (corporate VP) are absolute pricks and I am SO glad that I will never be dealing with them again! They are the lowest form of 'businessperson.' 1-800-HANSONS is a scam that will take your money. Maybe some are satisfied with this and that is their opinion. I recommend not ever even calling them!
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   pjrn 0 Votes
I sincerely regret ever calling Hansons. The salesman lied about everything. The windows are falling apart. I have had the windows less than a year, and I am already waiting on my second repair. It's been almost 3 weeks since I scheduled the repair. The first time they cancelled because it was raining in northern Michigan(I'm in Ohio). The second time I waited and no one showed. I called and they claimed I had the wrong date. They did the same thing on installation by showing up on the wrong date. I never got my Android I was promised in their ad just for getting a quote. Meanwhile, I have a west window with no wrap on it. The insulation is getting soaked and I have another week to wait for a repairman to come. I found out the only thing holding the wrap on all the windows is the caulking. I'm thinking that it's time I call Toledo 11 listens to expose these crooks!
 5th of Feb, 2014 by   Georgeorgeor 0 Votes
Anyone no a good lawyer with a good track record that's beat Hansons ass in court.?
 25th of Apr, 2014 by   Carl Williamson 0 Votes
As in all of the complaints before mine, and believe me I had no idea there would be so many concerning the 1-800- Hansons quality of work, or lack thereof. I too fell victim to the tactics of Hansons roofing. After sitting down and specifically telling their salesman that I was going to need a complete tear off of my roof, and replacement of my suffice and fasia. The salesman told me and my wife that they would not charge me for wood replacement. Of course I thought that was a deal...man, was I mistaken! First, I have a 1200 square foot home with an attached garage. The sub contractors they hired to do the work stood around and smoked cigarettes most of the time, didn't clean up after themselves, and one of them stepped thru my living room ceiling, and never said a word about it. After several complaints, and missing several days of work due to the fact that they have no on site supervisor that represents the company to ensure quality work, instead they want you to supervise the people they hired and notify them of the progress. Now if you aren't familiar with roofing ...how would you know if the work is being done properly? It took them a month to finish the work, primarily because for a few days their sub contractors didn't come to work, and I still had to have them come to fix several items that were left undone. They didn't replace any of the wood of my suffice resulting in my paying higher utility bills due to the fact that now my home is not sealed up, they simply capped over my suffice instead. Now my garage is very cold thus reducing the insulation in my entire home. So much so that I am in the process of purchasing another home. The suffice over my patio is warping due to the poor installation of the roof . I could go on, but the bottom line is Do not hire them to do any work on your home. And if anyone is successful in filing a lawsuit against 1 800 Hansons please contact me @ foxdog9227@gmail.com so I can join you in the lawsuit.
 28th of Apr, 2014 by   discouraged client 0 Votes
We called Hanson's in the beginning of our search for new replacement windows, but never felt comfortable hiring them, so we never even had them come to our home...

We are curious; How many of you people that posted complaints dealt with Steve Sgismond? This is very important to me... Also, what year did you have the work done that Steve Sigismond was involved in?

Thanks so Very Much for your help in this matter... We are wondering what "years" Steve Sigismond worked for the company, how many complaints were filed against him, and when he left the company. Any HONEST help in this matter is appreciated.

Avoid Overdrafts and Overspending