logo

Smart Shoppers Savings Club Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

Smart Shoppers Savings Club - Indiana - Computer Fraud

Posted: 2013-02-26 by    Omar Othman
I never ordered anything from this company, but started receiving magazines in 2012. They kept charging my debit card, which I hadn't divulged to them. I then had my bank change my debit card. That is when I started receiving threatening phone calls requesting ridiculous sums of money. i had already canceled the magazines directly through their subscription departments, so I wasn't receiving any magazines until three weeks ago. Then I started receiving Motor Trend. I have sent one email to the editor to discontinue sending me Motor Trend, but it obviously hasn't been acted upon yet....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Indiana Complaint category E-Shopping

Smart Shoppers Savings Club - billing and won't cancel

Posted: 2012-04-29 by    Marmai
I received a phone call that if I joined the Smart Shopper Savings Club, I would receive a $100 Target gift card in my information packet. I was charged $3.95 for the first week. I was charged again the second week. I called to say that I had not received a packet and wanted to cancel the membership and receive a refund. They talked, talked, talked, talked, and said they would send another packet. I waited another week. No packet but another charge. When I saw the 4th charge on my account, I called again to cancel. They talked, talked, talked, made offers, blah, blah, blah. I asked SEVERAL times...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Telemarketing

Smart Shoppers Savings Club - Arizona, Phoenix - fraud charge to my debit card

Posted: 2011-07-27 by    rlorchard
Charged my debit card $94.00 for $50 target card they said I ordered-bank said to call them direct only they could not give me a merchant name just the number 877-744-3379. Rude person-reps several companies-needed my personal info (which I would not give) to pull up my account (which I did nit sign up for) Finally she stated she found "my account" under my name (which is all I would give her) Told her to refund my money-put on dead air hold for over 5 mins then stupid piano music then disconnect. I called right back-got stupid piano music for over 15 mins waiting for next avail CSR- then...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Arizona, Phoenix Complaint category Internet Services

Social Security Identity Theft