logo

Corporation For Character
Misleadingly Vague "survey"
2. (7 mins ago)
3Psychics.com Scam FRAUD Spell Rip Off Spellcaster Crime Gang 1-877-398-0778
3Psychics.com took my money and stopped answering my calls!
3. (11 mins ago)
JDNETT PROFITS
FRAUD
4. (15 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (16 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Newsub Magazine Services Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

Newsub Magazine Services - Misleading and Deceptive Business Practices!

Posted:    Bibliomaniac
The way this company purposely misleads people is horrible! My husband and I returned from living overseas on a military deployment to find all these magazines we never ordered. (They claim we ordered them from Delia's, but that is simply not true--all we did was order a Christmas gift of clothing for a family member from a clothing catalog.) These were not magazines we were interested in or read! And we certainly wouldn't have had them sent to our suspended state-side address so that they would be 2-3 years old by the time we even saw them!!! Then, when we tried to contact Newsub Magazine...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers

Newsub Magazine Services - Charged my card against my will

Posted:    Rodny
A month ago I received 2 cards in the mail from NewSub Magazine Services. One was a renewal notice for a magazine they had sent to me on a trieal basis and the other was for a magazine I have never received or ordered. I called to cancel both subscriptions because I did not want to pay the full(overpriced) amount. I was able to cancel the bogus magazine subscription I have never received, but the sutomated system informed me that they had no record of my subscription. In fact, after the other was cancelled, they had no record of anysubscriptions for me. However, today I noticed a charge on my credit...

Newsub Magazine Services - Rip off

Posted:    HimD43
This company is aweful! But the talking jibberish works. Was able to cancel all 4 magazines at one time with a real person. They billed me $43 for Southern Living when you can get the same thing direct for only $21. What a rip off!

I have not received Eating Well magazine in 6 months yet they renewed it?! Excuse me?

I originally ordered Metropolitan Home and when it went under they started sending me Women's Day. This magazine is far inferior and not even the same type of publication. Then they automatically renewed this one for $31! It is not worth $31 and I never...

Newsub Magazine Services - Scam

Posted:    Andre
NewSub Magazine Services, LLC has also taken the liberty of deducting fees from my checking account today. Thank goodness, I check my account nearly every day! I also received a postcard in the mail today telling me I must call an 800 number by May 14 to cancel subscriptions on four magazines or I will be charged for them.

When I called there were no options given to the first question but to renew---now how does one call the company to get the unauthorized money taken out of my account put back in?!?

This has to be illegal. I have never had anything like this happen...

Newsub Magazine Services - Charged my account without permission

Posted:    Earl
Newsub magazine needs to be sued. They have scammed me, and from what I can tell, MANY other people.

They somehow charged my debit card without my consent. I only found out because I constantly check my online bank account, and saw that there were numerous charges from these people.

I am on to them now, and now they will have to deal with me. My next stop is consumer reports, and I will find out what I have to do to shut them down.

I suggest that everyone else who has been conned do the same.

BEWARE OF NEWSUBMAGAZINE!!!...

Newsub Magazine Services - Unwanted automatic continuance of subscriptions

Posted:    Brad
Received a notice that unwanted magazine subscriptions would be continued and charged to my credit card without my authorization. This came from NewSub Magazine Services, LLC, C/O Processing Center, PO Box 30468, Salt Lake City UT 84130.

In trying to cancel all subscriptions I was forced to listen to numerous sales pitches. It took about twenty minutes to cancel three magazines, but the instructions were very confusing and irritating.

I finally did receive confirmation numbers for the three magazines. Very questionable business practice.

If someone doesn't...

Newsub Magazine Services - Fraud

Posted:    TomD21
I am very upset that I called and cancelled this order before it was delivered and they still billed my card, and I don't get the magazines. I have made several phone calls regarding this matter, but I keep getting the same information that they will not future bill me. The offer was if you were not satisified you can call and get a full refund. That information it totally incorrect. I called again this morning and explained that they have charged my card for 3 magazines that I do not want. She offered to cancel but to allow me to continue to receive the magazines for $5.97 for 11 issues. I...

Newsub Magazine Services - charged my credit card without authorization for 4 magazines

Posted:    Heidi Hrobuchak
I have 4 magazine subscriptions that I want to cancel. Magsub Magazines lead me to believe that I was getting a credit for the magazines, they charged to my credit card account without authorization. When I went back to rectify the cancellation they refused the cancellation.
Heidi L. Hrobuchak...

Newsub Magazine Services - Connecticut, Stamford - Terrible experience!

Posted:    Valerie
I had a similar experience as a previous individual. I was led to believe that I would be prompted to CHOOSE whether or not to continue with the magazine subscriptions. Needless to say, I was never prompted and was very displeased having observed individual charges for each of 4 magazines. When I called the company, I was basically stonewalled and thought that I had been mistaken - - and it has cost me.

Having read another customer's report on this website, I called the company again and asked that they reverse the charges. I will be awaiting the results - - but am hoping that...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Connecticut, Stamford Complaint category Telemarketing

Madoff Admits Running 50bn Scam