logo

raiseyourpaddlez.com
Impossible to reach moderators
5. (14 mins ago)
Amy Jergen &Julie Rylatt
Lying in an child abuse & neglect case to

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

First Option Mortgage Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

First Option Mortgage - Georgia - Lied to about the loan

Posted: 2012-01-22 by    B.A. Bolin
I was in financial distress and needed to refinance my home, was told by loan officer that my application was Really looking good ! When I thought we were ready to close on the loan First Option Mortgage decided that my debt to credit ratio was too high. So I asked if I sold my truck with a payment of $550 per month would the deal go through? They said yes that would bring ratio down enough to complete the loan.I sold my truck, called them back with proof of the sale, and they still refused to complete the loan. So now I have no truck, no loan refi. and still no credit relief !! Horrible company,...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Georgia Complaint category Loans

First Option Mortgage - Georgia, Atlanta - Fraudulent charges

Posted:    Henry
First Option Mortgage, LLC terminated me on July 21, 2008. Subsequently, I did not receive commissions on two pre-termination transactions. In addition, the company deducted $1, 300 in “employee expenses" and a Fed-Ex overnight fee of $10. The commissions total $2.400, resulting from $8, 000 in fees generated on two mortgage transactions. The total base amount owed to me thus comes to $3, 710.

In Indiana, failure to pay income when due (I.C. §22-2-9), and/or making of deductions that are not authorized by the employee or able to be deducted under the 13 limited categories...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Georgia, Atlanta Complaint category Mortgage Companies

First Option Mortgage - Awful company

Posted:    Valerie
First Option Mortgage RAISED our fees at closing with NO notification or authorization. We were told by Josh Fitzwater to close the loan and he would see what he could do.

In the beginning we were told we would have fees of $2, 600. All fees and schedules were listed in all the documentation that we signed. How ever the day we were to close we were asked to resign documents with higher fees totaling over $8, 000. This company tried to tell us they were a good company that they were not a broker and that they are a bank. So we felt like we made a good decision. I should have known...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Bank Cards Scams 2